четверг, мая 03, 2012

If you sit Ronnie down, take his mind off everything else, just concentrate all the bits, he's an incredibly sympathetic player. He can surprise you at times. I enjoy playing with him still, very, very much. We were doing "You Got the Silver," and I said, well, I can sing it, but I can't sing and play at the same time. You've got to do my bit. And he got it down so much, it was beautiful. He's a lovely slide player. And he genuinely loves his music. It's innocent, totally pure; there are no angles on it. He knows Beiderbecke, he knows his history, his Broonzy, he's solidly grounded. And he was perfectly adapted to the ancient form of weaving, where you can't tell rhythm from lead guitar, the style I'd developed with Brian, the old bedrock of the Rolling Stones sound. The division between guitar players, rhythm and lead, that we had with Mick Taylor melted away. You have to be intuitively locked to do that, and Ronnie and I are like that. "Beast of Burden" is a good example of the two of us twinkling felicitously together.

K.Richards. Life

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий