среда, мая 09, 2012

Bridges to Babylon

We did another riotous Winos tour, including to Argentina, where we were greeted with a pandemonium not seen since the early '60s. The Stones had never been there, so we walked into full-scale Beatlemania, frozen in time and released for our arrival. We played the first gig in a stadium with forty thousand people, and the noise, the energy, was unbelievable. I convinced the Stones that this was definitely a market where there were lots of people who really liked us. I took Bert and we lived in Buenos Aires, in this great hotel, one of my favorites in the world, the Mansion, in a fine suite of rooms with lovely proportions. Bert would wake up and chuckle every morning, he'd be hearing "Ole, ole, ole, Richards, Richards..." This was the first time his family name had been beaten out on a drum to wake him up for breakfast. He said, "I thought they were chanting for me."



I still very much like Bridges to Babylon; there's some interesting stuff on it. I still like "Thief in the Night," "You Don't Have to Mean It" and "Flip the Switch".

 K.Richards. Life





Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий