понедельник, мая 07, 2012

Anybody Seen My Baby?


It gave him [Mick] a spongelike mentality when it came to music. He'd hear something in a club and a week later he'd think he wrote it. And I'd say, no, that's actually a total lift. I've had to check him on that. I've played him songs that I've come up with, ideas... He says, that's nice, and we fiddle about for a bit and leave it alone. A week later he'll come back and say, look, I've just written this. And I know it's totally innocent, because he wouldn't be that dumb. The writers' credits under "Anybody Seen My Baby?" include K.D. Lang and a cowriter. My daughter Angela and her friend were at Redlands and I was playing the record and they start singing this totally different song over it. They were hearing K.D. Lang's "Constant Craving." It was Angela and her friend that copped it. And the record was about to come out in a week. Oh shit, he's lifted another one. I don't think he's ever done it deliberately; he's just a sponge. So I had to call up Rupert and all of the heavy-duty lawyers, and I said, have this checked out right now, otherwise we're going to be sued. And within twenty-four hours, I got a phone call: you're right. We had to include K.D. Lang in the writing credits.

K.Richards. Life

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий