пятница, апреля 13, 2012

Then, "Since my baby left me" - it was just a sound. It was the last trigger. That was the first rock and roll I heard. It was a totally different way of delivering a song, a totally different sound, stripped down, burnt, no bullshit, no violins and ladies' choruses and schmaltz, totally different. It was bare, right to the roots that you had a feeling were there but hadn't yet heard. I've got take my hat off to Elvis for that. The silence is your canvas, that's your frame, that's what you work on; don't try and deafen it out. That's what "Heartbreak Hotel" did to me. It was the first time I'd heard something so stark. Then I had to go back to what this cat had done before. Luckily I caught his name. The Radio Luxemburg signal came back in. "That was Elvis Presley, with 'Heartbreak Hotel.' Shit!

K.Richards. Life

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий