четверг, февраля 17, 2011

Meaning of life

"No, I AM not a man who harbors romantic ideas about the extension of the spirit. It's something I'd like to think I taught my sons, to partake of the physical world while it is yours to take, because that is one meaning of life with which no one can argue. To taste, to touch, to breathe in, to eat and stuff yourself - all the rest, all that takes place in the heart and mind lives in the shadow of uncertainty. But the lesson didn't come easily to you, and you never accepted it in the end. You shot yourself in the foot, and then you spent years trying to account for the pain. It was Uri who embraced my lessons about physical appetite. You can knock on Uri's door at almost any hour of the day or night and he'll answer with food in his mouth."

N.Krauss. True Kindness

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий